How to highlight consecutive or non-consecutive numbers from a column in Excel?
Highlighting the consecutive or non-consecutive numbers from a long column may help you to identify the missing numbers in the sequence number, and this article, I will talk about how to highlight the consecutive or non-consecutive numbers in Excel?
In fact, the Conditional Formatting feature of Excel can help you to highlight the consecutive or non-consecutive numbers in a column, please do as follows:
1. Select the break sequence number list, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out New Formatting Rule dialog box, please do the following operations:
(1.) Click Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the Select a Rule Type list box;
(2.) Enter this formula =A2+1=A3 (A2 is the first number of the sequence number) into the Format values where this formula is true text box;
(3.) Then click Format button to go to the Format Cells dialog box;
(4.) At last, choose one color you like to highlight the consecutive numbers from the Fill tab. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and now, you can see the groups of consecutive sequence numbers have been highlighted imminently. See screenshot:
Note: To highlight the non-consecutive numbers which break the series numbers, please apply this formula: =A2+1<>A3 in the Conditional Formatting.
With Kutools for Excel’s Find Missing Sequence Number utility, you can quickly find and highlight the missing numbers and insert the missing numbers into the sequence list as soon as possible.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the sequence list, and click Kutools > Insert > Find Missing Sequence Number, see screenshot:
2. In the Find Missing Sequence Number dialog box, please select Fill background color option under the Handling missing sequence number, and choose one color you want to highlight the cells which break the sequence numbers, and then click OK button, all the non-consecutive numbers have been highlighted at once, see screenshot: