How to add words/texts from different cells together in Excel?
For adding or combining words from different cells to a single cell together, this article can help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can easily add words from different cells together with formulas. Please do as follows.
1. Please select a blank cell for locating the added words, enter formula =A2&B2&C2 into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
1. There are no delimiters among the added words with the above formula =A2&B2&C2.
2. If you want to separate each word with a certain delimiter such as comma, you need to change the formula to =A2&","&B2&","&C2. See screenshot:
3. You can also use the concatenate formula =CONCATENATE(A2,",",B2,",",C2) to add words from different cells together and separate each word with comma as below screenshot shown.
With the Combine utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily add words from different cells together, and separate each word with any delimiter based on your need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the cells you need to combine together, and expand the selection to a blank column to place the added words. Then click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, you need to:
2.1 Select the Combine columns option in the To combine selected cells according to following options section;
2.2 Specify a delimiter for separating the combined words in the Specify a separator section;
2.3 In the Place the results to drop-down list, specify where you want to locate the combined words;
2.4 Select the Keep contents of combined cells or other operations in the Options section as you need;
2.5 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: if the selected cells containing dates and you want to keep the data formatting after combining, please check the Use formatted values box.
You can see the corresponding cells in selected range are combined together as below screenshot show: