How to add words/texts from different cells together in Excel?
For adding or combining words from different cells to a single cell together, this article can help you.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can easily add words from different cells together with formulas. Please do as follows.
1. Please select a blank cell for locating the added words, enter formula =A2&B2&C2 into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
1. There are no delimiters among the added words with the above formula =A2&B2&C2.
2. If you want to separate each word with a certain delimiter such as comma, you need to change the formula to =A2&","&B2&","&C2. See screenshot:
3. You can also use the concatenate formula =CONCATENATE(A2,",",B2,",",C2) to add words from different cells together and separate each word with comma as below screenshot shown.
With the Combine utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily add words from different cells together, and separate each word with any delimiter based on your need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the cells you need to combine together, and expand the selection to a blank column to place the added words. Then click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, you need to:
2.1 Select the Combine columns option in the To combine selected cells according to following options section;
2.2 Specify a delimiter for separating the combined words in the Specify a separator section;
2.3 In the Place the results to drop-down list, specify where you want to locate the combined words;
2.4 Select the Keep contents of combined cells or other operations in the Options section as you need;
2.5 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: if the selected cells containing dates and you want to keep the data formatting after combining, please check the Use formatted values box.
You can see the corresponding cells in selected range are combined together as below screenshot show: