How to plus text to cell value in Excel?
In some cases, you need to add or plus certain text to existing cell value in Excel. And you may spend too much time in manually typing text in the existing cell value. This article provides two methods to help you easily plus text to cell value in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can use formulas to plus text to cell value with the following formulas.
If you want to plus text at the beginning and end of cell value, the concatenate formula can help you: =CONCATENATE("text ",A1," text").
For example, I want to separately add text “Local” at the beginning, and add text “Grade 3” at the end of cell A2.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =CONCATENATE("Local ",A2," Grade 3") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. Then you can see the certain texts are added to the specified location of the existing cell value as below screenshot shown.
1. For adding text at the beginning of a cell value only, you can use formula: =CONCATENATE("text ",A2).
2. For adding text at the end of a cell value, you can use formula: =CONCATENATE(A2," text")
3. The formula ="text" &A1, =A1& "text" or ="text" &A1& "text" can also help you. And if you want to separate the texts with delimiter (says comma), you can add “,” in the formula such as =A1&","&"text".
If the formula is not easy to handle for you, you can try the Add Text utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select the cells you need to plus text to, then click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog box, if you just need to add text before the cell value, enter the certain text into the Text box, select the Before first character option and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
For adding text at the end of cell value, please check the After last character option.
Note: If you want to separately add text at the beginning and end of cell value, please first select the Before first character
option, and click the Apply button. Change the text in the Text box, and choose the After last character option, and finally click the OK button to finish.
You can see the texts are added to selected cell value as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!