How to always show arrow of data validation list in Excel?
In general, the arrow in data validation list only show while you click at the cell of drop down list, if not, the arrow is hide as below screenshot shown. Sometimes, you may forget the location of the drop down list without its arrow shown. In this article, I introduce a trick to always show the arrow of data validation list for you to quickly find and locate the drop down list in Excel.
There is no directly way to show data validation list arrow all the time, here I introduce a roundabout way for you.
1. Select the first cell right to the data validation list, here is D1, and click Insert > Symbol. See screenshot:
2. In the Symbol dialog, under Symbols tab, select Wingdings 3 from the Font drop down list, and select down arrow from the list section. See screenshot:
3. Click Insert and close the dialog, then the down array has been inserted in D1. Then resize D1 as same size as the arrow of data validation list. See screenshot:
4. Then go to format the symbol to a real arrow button. Select D1, and click Home > Fill color to select Gray 25/% Background 2 and then select White, Bacground1, Darker 50% from Font color list. See screenshot:
Now even when no clicking at the Data Validation list, the arrow is always showing.
Easily create a dynamic 2-level or multiple-level dependent drop-down list in Excel
|In Excel, to create a 2-level or multiple level drop-down list is complex. Here the Dynamic Drop-down List utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a favor. What you only to do is order the data as example shown, then select the data range and output range, then leave it to the utility. Click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)