How to create drop down list with symbol in Excel?
Generally, when you create a Data Validation list with symbol, the symbol will be shown incorrectly as below screenshot shown. But if you insist to creating a drop down list with symbol, here I can introduce a trick for you.
To insert symbol in Data Validation list, you can use numbers + Alt to do a favor. Here is some common-used symbols you may use in drop down list:
Take an example:
1. Select a cell and then hold Alt key, and type 30 in the Number keyboard to insert symbol ▲. See screenshot:
2. Then type the symbol you need with above step one by one to the cells. See screenshot:
3. Now you can create a drop down list with these symbols. Select a cell or a range you want to place the drop down list, and click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. In the Data Validation dialog, under Settings tab, select List from Allow section, and the select the symbol cells into Source textbox. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. Now a drop down list with symbol you want has been created.
Quickly Insert multiple checkboxes or buttons into a range of cells in worksheet
|In Excel, you only can insert one checkbox/button into a cell once time, it will be troublesome if there are multiple cells needed to be inserted checkboxes/buttons at the same time. Kutools for Excel has a powerful utility -- Batch Insert Check Boxes / Batch Insert Option Buttons can insert checkboxes/buttons into the selected cells with one click . Click for full-featured free trial in 30-day!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)