How to create drop down list with symbol in Excel?
Generally, when you create a Data Validation list with symbol, the symbol will be shown incorrectly as below screenshot shown. But if you insist to creating a drop down list with symbol, here I can introduce a trick for you.
You maybe interested in this:
Batch Insert Check Box/Option Button
|Do you still insert check boxes or option buttons one by one? With Kutools for Excel's Batch Insert Check Box and Batch Insert Option Button utilites, you can insert check boxes and option buttons in a range with one click.|
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To insert symbol in Data Validation list, you can use numbers + Alt to do a favor. Here is some common-used symbols you may use in drop down list:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
Take an example:
1. Select a cell and then hold Alt key, and type 30 in the Number keyboard to insert symbol ▲. See screenshot:
2. Then type the symbol you need with above step one by one to the cells. See screenshot:
3. Now you can create a drop down list with these symbols. Select a cell or a range you want to place the drop down list, and click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. In the Data Validation dialog, under Settings tab, select List from Allow section, and the select the symbol cells into Source textbox. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. Now a drop down list with symbol you want has been created.