How to create drop down list with symbol in Excel?
Generally, when you create a Data Validation list with symbol, the symbol will be shown incorrectly as below screenshot shown. But if you insist to creating a drop down list with symbol, here I can introduce a trick for you.
You maybe interested in this:
Batch Insert Check Box/Option Button
|Do you still insert check boxes or option buttons one by one? With Kutools for Excel's Batch Insert Check Box and Batch Insert Option Button utilites, you can insert check boxes and option buttons in a range with one click.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To insert symbol in Data Validation list, you can use numbers + Alt to do a favor. Here is some common-used symbols you may use in drop down list:
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
Take an example:
1. Select a cell and then hold Alt key, and type 30 in the Number keyboard to insert symbol ▲. See screenshot:
2. Then type the symbol you need with above step one by one to the cells. See screenshot:
3. Now you can create a drop down list with these symbols. Select a cell or a range you want to place the drop down list, and click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. In the Data Validation dialog, under Settings tab, select List from Allow section, and the select the symbol cells into Source textbox. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. Now a drop down list with symbol you want has been created.