How to create drop down list with symbol in Excel?
Generally, when you create a Data Validation list with symbol, the symbol will be shown incorrectly as below screenshot shown. But if you insist to creating a drop down list with symbol, here I can introduce a trick for you.
To insert symbol in Data Validation list, you can use numbers + Alt to do a favor. Here is some common-used symbols you may use in drop down list:
Take an example:
1. Select a cell and then hold Alt key, and type 30 in the Number keyboard to insert symbol ▲. See screenshot:
2. Then type the symbol you need with above step one by one to the cells. See screenshot:
3. Now you can create a drop down list with these symbols. Select a cell or a range you want to place the drop down list, and click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
4. In the Data Validation dialog, under Settings tab, select List from Allow section, and the select the symbol cells into Source textbox. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. Now a drop down list with symbol you want has been created.
Quickly Insert multiple checkboxes or buttons into a range of cells in worksheet
|In Excel, you only can insert one checkbox/button into a cell once time, it will be troublesome if there are multiple cells needed to be inserted checkboxes/buttons at the same time. Kutools for Excel has a powerful utility -- Batch Insert Check Boxes / Batch Insert Option Buttons can insert checkboxes/buttons into the selected cells with one click . Click for full-featured free trial in 30-day!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!