How to insert background image behind cells in Excel?
Supposing you have a sheet with some data, for vivid and interesting look, you want to insert a colorful background behind cells as below screenshot shown, do you know the tricks to handle this job in Excel?
There is a Background function that can insert image behind cells in active worksheet.
1. Click Page Layout > Background. See screenshot:
2. Then a Insert Pictures dialog pops out, and click the Browse button next to From a file, then select a picture you want to set as background from a folder in the Sheet Background dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click Insert. And the background image has been inserted behind cells.
Tip: To delete background, click Page Layout > Delete Background.
Actual, if you have Kutools for Excel, you can insert a picture as watermark which also is placed behind data cells.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Watermark. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Watermark dialog, you can choose insert picture watermark from folder or text watermark with formatting, see screenshot:
3. Click Apply or Ok, then the background picture has been inserted.
Tip: In default, when you insert picture watermark in Insert Watermark dialog, the Erosion option is checked by default, if you do not check the Erosion option, the watermark will be shown as below:
To remove the watermark, click Kutools > Delete > Delete Watermark. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel: 300 + functions you must have in Excel, 30-day free trial from here|
Insert pictures based on given names in Excel cell
|Here is a list of picture names, now you want to insert pictures in a order based on the given names, except to insert pictures one by one, you can try Kutools for Excel's Match Import Pictures utility, which can quickly look up pictures from a folder based on the given picture names, then insert picture match names. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|