How to calculate hours between times after midnight in Excel?
Supposing you have a time table to record your work time, the time in Column A is the start time of today and time in Column B is the end time of the following day. Normally, if you calculate the time difference between the two times by directly minus "=B2-A2", it will not display the correct result as left screenshot shown. How could you calculate the hours between two times after midnight in Excel correctly?
To get the correct calculated result between two times over midnight, you can apply the following formula:
1. Enter this formula: =(B2-A2+(B2<A2))*24 (A2 is the earlier time, B2 is the later time, you can change them as you need) into a blank cell which beside your time data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle to the cells that you want to fill this formula, and the time differences between two times after midnight have been calculated at once, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!