How to convert date time from one time zone to another in Excel?
Supposing you are working in a foreign company, and you receive lots of reports with different date times from different time zone every day. You need to change those date time from the senders time zones to your current time zone in order to combine all report data together. This article will show you how to convert date time from one time zone to another in Excel.
Convert date time from one time zone to another with formula
For example, date time in cell A2:A10 is the Pacific Standard Time (PST), and you may need to convert these time to Beijing time. You can apply the following formula to achieve it.
1. Firstly, you need to know the corresponding time offset between two time zones in order to convert between them. As we know, the time difference between Pacific Standard Time and Beijing time is 16 hours (excluding the daylight saving time).
2. Use the formula =A2+ (16/24) can quickly get the Beijing time based on the Pacific Standard Time. See screenshot:
3. Drag the Fill Handle down to get all Beijing Times you need.
1. If you want to convert date time from Beijing Time to Pacific Standard Time, you need to subtract 16 hours from the Beijing Time with formula: =A2- (16/24).
2. In the formula, 24 means 24 hours per day.
3. These formulas can be applied universally in every time zone conversion if you know the time difference between the time zones.
4. You need to change the calculated numbers to date time format after the calculation.
5. Here is another formula also can help you: =A2 + TIME(16,0,0) or =A2 - TIME(16,0,0), with this formula, you can return the date and time result directly.
Convert date time from one time zone to another with Kutools for Excel
You can easily convert date time from one time zone to another with Add hours to date function of Kutools for Excel. Please do as follows.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.