How to convert date time from one time zone to another in Excel?
Supposing you are working in a foreign company, and you receive lots of reports with different date times from different time zone every day. You need to change those date time from the senders time zones to your current time zone in order to combine all report data together. This article will show you how to convert date time from one time zone to another in Excel.
For example, date time in cell A2:A10 is the Pacific Standard Time (PST), and you may need to convert these time to Beijing time. You can apply the following formula to achieve it.
1. Firstly, you need to know the corresponding time offset between two time zones in order to convert between them. As we know, the time difference between Pacific Standard Time and Beijing time is 16 hours.
2. Use the formula =A2+ (16/24) can quickly get the Beijing time based on the Pacific Standard Time. See screenshot:
3. Drag the Fill Handle down to get all Beijing Times you need.
- 1. If you want to convert date time from Beijing Time to Pacific Standard Time, you need to subtract 16 hours from the Beijing Time with formula: =A2- (16/24).
- 2. In the formula, 24 means 24 hours per day.
- 3. These formulas can be applied universally in every time zone conversion if you know the time difference between the time zones.
- 4. You need to change the calculated numbers to date time format after the calculation.
- 5. Here is another formula also can help you: =A2 + TIME(16,0,0) or =A2 - TIME(16,0,0), with this formula, you can return the date and time result directly.
You can easily convert date time from one time zone to another with Add hours to date function of Kutools for Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select a cell (says cell C2) for saving the result, then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, please configure as follows.
- In the Choose a formula box, select Add hours to date.
Tips: You can check the Filter box, type in the keyword to filter the certian formula as you need.
- Select the cell with the date time you need to convert to another time zone in the Date Time box,
- Enter the time difference between these two time zones in the Number box,
- Click the OK button.
Note: Here we convert date time from Pacific Standard Time to Beijing Time, so the time difference number is 16. In contrary, you need to enter -16 into the Number box.
3. Drag the Fill Handle down to get all Beijing Time based on the PST as below screenshot shown.
Note: You need to change the cell format to date time format after the calculation.