How to divide time by a number (distance) in Excel?
Here is a range of cells, one column lists time records, the second column lists numbers of telephone hotlines, and now your job is to count how many hotlines there are in one hour as below screenshot shown, have you any quick tricks on dividing time by these numbers in Excel? Divide time with number/distance with formula
Here is a formula can help you quickly divide time with number.
1. Select a blank cell, for example, C2, and enter this formula =B2/A2/24, A2 is the time record, B2 is the number you will divide, and drag autofill handle over the cells you want to apply this formula. See screenshot:
2. Then you will get a list of time, and format the time data to numbers with selecting Number from the Number Format drop down list in Number group on Home tab. See screenshot:
Divide a number/distance by same time with Kutools for Excel
For instance, column A is a list of distances that different vehicles have been drove in past 9 hours, and how can you calculate the average speeds in kilometer per hour of these vehicles as below screenshot shown?
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Operation utility can quickly help you quickly divide multiple numbers by a same value.
1. Select the numbers or distance records, and click Kutools > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, please select Division from Operation pane, go to the textbox in the Operand section, and enter the time record you want to divide by, you can preview results in the dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, all average speed of every vehicles has been displayed.
Tip: You had better save a copy of the original records before applying Operation.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.