How to divide time by a number (distance) in Excel?
Divide time with number/distance with formula
Divide same time by number/distance with Kutools for Excel
|Have you ever tried to do same calculation to an entire column? For instance, to add 100 to all cells in one column. Here with Kutools for Excel's Operation Tools, you can quickly apply some fomula to the whole column as easily as possible.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here is a formula can help you quickly divide time with number.
1. Select a blank cell, for example, C2, and enter this formula =B2/A2/24, A2 is the time record, B2 is the number you will divide, and drag autofill handle over the cells you want to apply this formula. See screenshot:
2. Then you will get a list of time, and format the time data to numbers with selecting Number from the Number Format drop down list in Number group on Home tab. See screenshot:
For instance, column A is a list of distances that different vehicles have been drove in past 9 hours, and how can you calculate the average speeds in kilometer per hour of these vehicles as below screenshot shown?
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Operation utility can quickly help you quickly divide multiple numbers by a same value.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the numbers or distance records, and click Kutools > More > Operation. See screenshot:
2. In the Operation Tools dialog box, please select Division from Operation pane, go to the textbox in the Operand section, and enter the time record you want to divide by, you can preview results in the dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, all average speed of every vehicles has been displayed.
Tip: You had better save a copy of the original records before applying Operation.