How to group adjacent columns or rows separately or independently in Excel?
As we all known, when you group adjacent columns or rows, such as grouping A and B, then group C and D, the normal Group function in Excel will collapse them into 1 group. How could you put them into separate groups as following screenshot shown?
The following shortcut keys may help you to create the separate groups for adjacent two columns or rows quickly and easily. Please do as follows:
1. Just select column A, and then hold Shift + Alt + Right arrow as following screenshot shown:
2. And the first two columns are grouped immediately, see screenshot:
3. And then you should select column C and press Shift + Alt + Right arrow keys to group column C and column D, and so on.
Note: The shortcut keys is also available for adjacent two rows.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!