How to hide/unhide rows or columns with plus or minus sign in Excel?
Normally, we hide or unhide rows and columns by using the Hide or Unhide features from the right-clicking menu. Besides this method, we can hide or unhide rows or columns easily with plus or minus sign in Excel. This article will show you the details.
Please do as follows to hide or unhide rows or columns with plus or minus sign in Excel.
1. Select the entire rows or columns you need to hide or unhide with plus or minus sign, then click Group in the Outline group under Data tab. See screenshot:
2. Then the minus sign is displayed on the left of selected rows, or displayed at the top of the selected columns. Click the minus sign, the selected rows or column are hidden immediately. And click the Plus sign, the hidden rows or columns are showing at once.
Note: For removing the plus or minus sign, please select the rows or columns which you have added plus or minus sign into, then click Ungroup button under Data tab.
Easily hide or unhide range, sheet or window with only one click in Excel:
Kutools for Excel gathers a Show / Hide group as below screenshot shown. With this group, you can easily show or hide ranges, sheets or windows as you need in Excel.
Download the full feature 30-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now!
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!