How to calculate days hours and minutes between two dates in Excel?
Supposing, you have two columns of date time cells, and now, you want to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between these two date time cells as following screenshot shown. This article, I will talk about some methods to solve this task for you.
The following formula can help you to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between two dates, please do as this:
Enter this formula into a blank cell where you want to output the result:
And then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between the two dates, see screenshot:
Note: In above formula, B2 is the end date cell, and A2 is the start date cell, you can change them to your need.
If you wouldn't like to remember the formula, with Kutools for Excel's Formula Helper feature, you can get the result only several clicks.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click a cell where you want to locate the calculated result, and then, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, see screenshot:
2. In the Date & Time Helper dialog box, do the following operations:
- In the Formula Type drop down list, please select Date option
- Then, select Count days, hours and minutes between dates option in the Choose a formula list box;
- In the right Arguments input box, select the cells which contain the start date and end date that you want to use to calculate.
3. After finishing the settings, click Ok button, and you will get the first calculated result, then, drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and you will get the following result as you need:
More relative date and time articles:
- Calculate The Length Of Service From Hire Date
- If you have a range of data including employee names and their date of joining your company in a worksheet, now, you may want to calculate their length of service, it means to get how many years and months an employee has worked for your company. This article, I will talk about quick method to solving this job for you.
- Calculate A Future Date Based On A Given Date In Excel
- If you need to add a number of days to a given date to calculate the future date, how could you deal with it in Excel?
- Count The Number Of Days, Weeks, Months Or Years Between Two Dates
- Have you ever considered calculating how many days, weeks, months or years between two given dates in Excel? This tutorial can help you to finish the following operations as soon as possible.
- Calculate Retirement Date From Date Of Birth
- Supposing, an employee will be retired at age of 60, how could you calculate the retirement date from the date of birth in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!