How to calculate days hours and minutes between two dates in Excel?
Supposing, you have two columns of date time cells, and now, you want to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between these two date time cells as following screenshot shown. This article, I will talk about a method to solve this task for you.
|Add a number of years / months / days / weeks to date:
|Kutools for Excel’s Formulas utility contains some commonly-used formulas, such as add years to date, calculate age based on birthday and so on. With these usual formulas, you can quickly get the result that you want without remembering any formulas. Read more about this feature...
Calculate days hours and minutes between two dates with formula
The following formula can help you to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between two dates, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =INT(B2-A2)&" Days "&HOUR(MOD(B2-A2,1))&" Hour "&MINUTE(MOD(B2-A2,1))&" Minutes" into a blank cell beside your date cell, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between the two dates, see screenshot:
Note: In above formula, B2 is the end date cell, and A2 is the start date cell, you can change them to your need.
How to calculate the length of service from hire date in Excel?
How to calculate retirement date from date of birth in Excel?
How to count / calculate quarters between two dates in Excel?
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!