How to calculate days hours and minutes between two dates in Excel?
Supposing, you have two columns of date time cells, and now, you want to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between these two date time cells as following screenshot shown. This article, I will talk about a method to solve this task for you.
|Add a number of years / months / days / weeks to date:
|Kutools for Excel’s Formulas utility contains some commonly-used formulas, such as add years to date, calculate age based on birthday and so on. With these usual formulas, you can quickly get the result that you want without remembering any formulas. Read more about this feature...
Calculate days hours and minutes between two dates with formula
The following formula can help you to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between two dates, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =INT(B2-A2)&" Days "&HOUR(MOD(B2-A2,1))&" Hour "&MINUTE(MOD(B2-A2,1))&" Minutes" into a blank cell beside your date cell, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between the two dates, see screenshot:
Note: In above formula, B2 is the end date cell, and A2 is the start date cell, you can change them to your need.
How to calculate the length of service from hire date in Excel?
How to calculate retirement date from date of birth in Excel?
How to count / calculate quarters between two dates in Excel?
Excel Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools For Excel brings
300+ cool and powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) for
1500+ work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Deal with all complicated tasks in seconds, help to enhance your work ability, get success from the fierce competition, and never worry about being fired.
- Save a lot of work time, leave much time for you to love and care the family and enjoy a comfortable life now.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands, and give you a healthy body.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes, and get admiring glance from your colleagues or friends.
- No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes, have a relaxing and pleasant mind, give you a thrill you've never had before.
- Spend only $39, but worth than $4000 training of others. Being used by 110,000 elites and 300+ well-known companies.
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years. Buy once, use forever.
- Change the way you work now, and give you a better life immediately!
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Open and create documents in new tabs of same window, rather than in new windows.
- Help you work faster and easily stand out from the crowd! One second to switch between dozens of open documents!