How to calculate retirement date from date of birth in Excel?
Supposing, an employee will be retired at age of 60, how could you calculate the retirement date from the date of birth in Excel?
For example, I have a list of persons’ birth date, if their retirement age is 60, the following formula can help you to calculate their retirement date, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =IF(DAY(E2)=1,DATE(YEAR(E2)+60,MONTH(E2),0),DATE(YEAR(E2)+60,MONTH(E2)+1,0)) into a blank cell adjacent to your data range, F2, for instance, then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and five-digit numbers are displayed as following screenshot shown:
2. And then, you should convert these numbers to date format, select the numbers, and choose Short Date from the General drop down list under Home Tab, and all numbers have been converted to normal date format, see screenshot:
1. This formula can calculate a person’s retirement date which on the last day of the month he completes 60 years, it means, if born on 5/10/1976 will retire on 5/31/2036.
2. In the above formula, E2 is the birth date cell you are used, and 60 is the retirement age the person will be retired, you can change them to your need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with it Add years to date feature, you can quickly calculate the retirement date which on the exact day of birth date after 60 years from the birth date.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click a cell where you want to locate the result. And then click Kutools > Formulas > Add years to date, see screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the birth date in the Date Time box, and type the retirement age into the Number box, see screenshot:
3. And then click Ok button, and you will get the result , then drag the fill handle down to the cells to calculate the retirement dates as below screenshot shown:
Note: With this feature, you can calculate the retirement date which on exact day of the birth date, say if born on 5/10/1976 will retire on 5/10/2036.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIt is very easy to understand and useful , Thank you
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoVery Useful.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoCan anyone help me on the formula using COUNTIF to calculate the total number of employees who retire before 01/04/2018
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoif my date of birth is 10/10/1988 and retirement age is 60. how will be the formula of this in excel,please help.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSimply add 1998 with 60 you will get 2048
That means ur rt date is 10/10/2048
Eg your d. O. B =10/10/1988
+ 0 /0/ 60
Created myself . Aasim
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoadd 1998 with 60 becomes 2058. The above calculation is wrong
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoif date of birth cell is blank or any text than how would you solve this condition while calculating date of retirement.