How to quickly move to top left cell or A1 cell in a large worksheet?
If you have a large worksheet which has thousands of rows and columns, when you are working on this worksheet in deep rows and columns, to get back to the top left – A1 cell, you need to drag the scrolls. But, here, I will recommend some quick tricks to jump to the A1 cell with only one second.
The easiest way to go back to the A1 cell may the shortcut keys, please do as this:
Hold down the Ctrl + Home keys together as following screenshot shown, the cursor will be jump to the cell A1 from anywhere of the worksheet.
You can also define a range name for cell A1, and you just need to click the range name from the Name Box, the cursor will be returned to the cell A1 as quickly as you can.
1. Click cell A1, and enter a range name into the Name Box, see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter key, and now, when you click this range name from the Name box, it will go back to cell A1 from anywhere of the worksheet.
Note: The above two methods can be applied successfully when there is no freeze pane in the worksheet, if there is freeze pane enabled in your worksheet, it will take you to the first row, first column below the freeze panes.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!