How to copy excel data to word without table?
When you copy data from Excel to a Word document directly, normally, the data range is pasted as a table format in Word. Sometimes, you may want to paste the data to Word without table, so that you can edit the content conveniently. This article will talk about how to copy the data from Excel to word without table.
When you copy the data from Excel file and paste it as text only in Word, the table will be removed at once, please do as follows:
1. Copy the data you want to paste into Word, and then right click the Word document where you want to paste the data, then choose Keep Text Only option under the Paste Options section, see screenshot:
2. And now, you can see the data has been pasted as normal range without table format, see screenshot:
Note: By using this feature, the original data formatting will be removed as well.
If you want to keep the data formatting from Excel to word, the Convert to Text feature in Word also can help you to finish this job.
1. Copy the data from Excel and paste it into Word, then select the data table, and click Layout > Convert to Text, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Convert Table To Text dialog box, choose one separator to separate the text under the Separate text with option, see screenshot:
3. The click OK button, and the table has been converted to normal data range with keeping the data formatting, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!