How to move entire row to the bottom of active sheet based on cell value in Excel?
For moving entire row to the bottom of active sheet based on cell value in Excel, please try the VBA code in this article.
For example, as below screenshot shown, if a cell in column C contains a certain value “Done”, then move the entire row to the bottom of current sheet. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt+ F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the window.
VBA code: Move entire row to bottom of active sheet based on cell value
Sub MoveToEnd() Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range Dim xEndRow As Long Dim I As Long On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If lOne: Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If xRg.Columns.Count > 1 Or xRg.Areas.Count > 1 Then MsgBox " Multiple ranges or columns have been selected ", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" GoTo lOne End If xEndRow = xRg.Rows.Count + xRg.Row Application.ScreenUpdating = False For I = xRg.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If xRg.Cells(I) = "Done" Then xRg.Cells(I).EntireRow.Cut Rows(xEndRow).Insert Shift:=xlDown End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
Note: In the VBA code, “Done” is the cell value you will move entire row based on. You can change it as you need.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then in the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, select the column range which the certain value exists in, then click the OK button.
After clicking the OK button, the entire row which contains the value “Done” in the specified column is moved to the bottom of the data range automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!