How to count number of occurrence in a datetime range in Excel?
Count number of occurrences in a date range with formulas
Count number of occurrences and select in a date range with Kutools for Excel
With Kutools for Excel's Select Specific Cells utility, you can select cells/row/columns based on one ore two criteria, then format them as you need, such change the font size, background and so on.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here I introduce a formula to quickly count the occurrence between two dates.
Select a blank cell that you want to place the count result, and enter this formula =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A14>=$D$1)*(A2:A14<=$D$2)), press Enter key. Now the number of occurrence in date range has been counted.
In above formula, A2:A14 is the data list you want to count from, and D1 is the start date, D2 is the end date. You can change them as you want.
If you want to count and then highlight the location of occurrences in a specific date range, you can apply the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data rang, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check one type of selection you want, select Greater than from first drop down list and select the start date into next textbox, and go to second drop down list to select Less than and select the end date into the beside textbox, then check And option. see screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, a dialog pops out to remind you how many matched cells have been selected, and at the same time the records between the start date and end date have been selected.