How to count number of occurrence in a datetime range in Excel?
Count number of occurrences in a date range with formulas
Here I introduce a formula to quickly count the occurrence between two dates.
Select a blank cell that you want to place the count result, and enter this formula =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A14>=$D$1)*(A2:A14<=$D$2)), press Enter key. Now the number of occurrence in date range has been counted.
In above formula, A2:A14 is the data list you want to count from, and D1 is the start date, D2 is the end date. You can change them as you want.
Count number of occurrences and select in a date range with Kutools for Excel
If you want to count and then highlight the location of occurrences in a specific date range, you can apply the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data rang, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check one type of selection you want, select Greater than from first drop down list and select the start date into next textbox, and go to second drop down list to select Less than and select the end date into the beside textbox, then check And option. see screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, a dialog pops out to remind you how many matched cells have been selected, and at the same time the records between the start date and end date have been selected.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!