How to quickly find and replace character with superscript in Excel?
Find and replace with superscript by Find and Replace function
Find and replace with superscript by VBA
Subscript numbers in Chemical Formulas (subscript all numbers after each element in chemical formulas.)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, you can use Find and Replace to find the text and then replace with superscript format.
1. Select the range you want to find and replace work for, and press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, click Replace tab, and then enter the text you want to find into the Find what textbox. See screenshot:
3. Then go to Replace with textbox, enter the text you want to replace with, take notice, hold Alt key and then press 0179 keys on the Number board to enter the superscript number 3. See screenshot:
4. Click Replace All. And a dialog pops out to remind you how many replacements have been done. See screenshot:
Tip: But with this method, you only can superscript number 2 by pressing 0178, and 3 by 0179.
With Find and Replace function, only can replace the number with superscript. If you want to replace letter with superscript as below screenshot shown, you can apply VBA code to solve it.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below VBA code to the script.
VBA: Find and replace with superscript format
Sub DoConvert() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20160705 Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each xCell In xRg If xCell.Value = "YL3" Then xCell.Characters(1, 1).Font.Superscript = True End If Next End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, and a dialog pops out to remind you select a range. See screenshot:
|Kutools for Excel's Auto Text, collect all formulas to a group as auto text, you can insert them anytime as you want whithout remembering! Free Download Now!|
4. Click OK, the specific character in specific string has been converted to be superscript format in the selection. See screenshot:
Tip: in the code, “YL3” is the string you want to find from, and (1, 1) indicates to convert first 1 character of the string, if you want to convert first two character, you can change it as (1, 2), if you want to convert 1 character from second character of the string, you can change it as (2, 1).