How to quickly find and replace character with superscript in Excel?
In Excel, we can quickly replace a specific value with another one by applying Find and Replace function, but have you ever suffer with a problem that to find a specific character in specific text string and the replace it as superscript format, such as find YL3 and then replace with YL3 as below screenshot shown. Of course, you can find and replace them one by one, but this method cost too much time. If there are any tricks can quickly replace with superscript in Excel? Follow this article, you will get the answer.
Find and replace with superscript by Find and Replace function
Actually, you can use Find and Replace to find the text and then replace with superscript format.
1. Select the range you want to find and replace work for, and press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, click Replace tab, and then enter the text you want to find into the Find what textbox. See screenshot:
3. Then go to Replace with textbox, enter the text you want to replace with, take notice, hold Alt key and then press 0179 keys on the Number board to enter the superscript number 3. See screenshot:
4. Click Replace All. And a dialog pops out to remind you how many replacements have been done. See screenshot:
Tip: But with this method, you only can superscript number 2 by pressing 0178, and 3 by 0179.
Find and replace with superscript by VBA
With Find and Replace function, only can replace the number with superscript. If you want to replace letter with superscript as below screenshot shown, you can apply VBA code to solve it.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below VBA code to the script.
VBA: Find and replace with superscript format
Dim xRg As Range
Dim xTxt As String
Dim xCell As Range
On Error Resume Next
If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then
xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal
xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal
Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8)
If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
For Each xCell In xRg
If xCell.Value = "YL3" Then
xCell.Characters(1, 1).Font.Superscript = True
3. Press F5 key to run the code, and a dialog pops out to remind you select a range. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, the specific character in specific string has been converted to be superscript format in the selection. See screenshot:
Tip: in the code, “YL3” is the string you want to find from, and (1, 1) indicates to convert first 1 character of the string, if you want to convert first two character, you can change it as (1, 2), if you want to convert 1 character from second character of the string, you can change it as (2, 1).
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.