How to find and replace numbers with subscript in Excel?
Find and replace all numbers with subscript by VBA
Find and replace numbers with subscript in chemical formulas by Kutools for Excel
In Excel, except to macro code, there is no method can help you find and replace text with subscript format.
1. Press Alt + F11 key to display Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the blank script.
VBA: Find and replace all numbers with subscript format
Sub SubscriptNumbers() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20160705 Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range Dim xChar As String Dim I As Long On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg xTxt = xCell.Value For I = 1 To Len(xTxt) xChar = Mid(xTxt, I, 1) If xChar >= "0" And xChar <= "9" Then xCell.Characters(I, 1).Font.Subscript = True End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key, a Kutools for Excel dialog pops out to remind you select a working range. See screenshot:
4. After selecting, click OK, and the all numbers in the selection have been converted to be subscript.
In additional to macro code, actually, you can apply an easy utility called Subscript numbers in Chemical Formulas to quickly convert all normal numbers in chemical formulas to subscript format if you have installed Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Select the cells you want to format the numbers as subscript, click Kutools > Text > Subscript numbers in Chemical Formulas. See screenshot:
And a dialog pops out to remind you how many cells have been converted, and the numbers in selected chemical formulas have been formatted as subscript format.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!