How to automatically move cursor to specific cell in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to jump to specific cell for some purpose. This article will show you methods of moving cursor to specific cell in details.
The Name box can help you easily move cursor to specific cell in Excel.
1. In the Name box, enter the specific cell reference you will jump to, and then press the Enter key.
Then the cursor moves to the specified cell immediately.
Note: If you need to jump to the specified cell in another worksheet, for example jump to cell C30 of Sheet2, please type Sheet2!C30 into the Name box, and then press the Enter key.
The following VBA code helps you moving to specific cell at once in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisWorkbook in the left pane to open the ThisWorkbook (Code) window. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the window.
VBA code: Move to the beginning or start of next row for data entry
Sub jumpnext() Range("F100").Select End Sub
Note: In the code, F100 is the specified cell you will jump to. You can change it as you need.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then the cursor moves to cell F100 in current worksheet immediately.
- How to move entire row to another sheet based on cell value in Excel?
- How to move entire row to the bottom of active sheet based on cell value in Excel?
- How to move column/row without replacing/overwriting existing data in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!