How to quickly convert Euro date format to US date in Excel?
In US, we enter date in Excel as the date format mm/dd/yyyy in generally, but in Euro, the date format usually is dd/mm/yyyy. If you are working in an international coordinate company, you may suffer with the problem that convert Euro date format to US date format. In this article, I will tell you the methods on quickly converting Euro date to US date format.
Here is a formula can convert Euro date format to US date format.
Select a cell which you will place the US date, for instance, C10, enter this formula =DATE(VALUE(RIGHT(A2,4)), VALUE(MID(A2,4,2)), VALUE(LEFT(A2,2))), drag fill handle down to the cells needed to apply this formula. See screenshot:
Note: This formula can only convert Euro dates which are stored as text string to US dates.
If you usually import Excel sheets from other users or other locations, which maybe includes multiple non-standard date formats, how can you quickly convert these dates to the standard date format when you work in Excel?
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy and powerful tool, its Convert to Date utility can help you to quickly convert nonstandard dates to standard date includes converting Euro date to standard date.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the dates you want to convert, and click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshot:
2. And then the Convert to Date dialog pops out to automatically convert the dates to standard dates. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!