How to quickly convert Euro date format to US date in Excel?
In US, we enter date in Excel as the date format mm/dd/yyyy in generally, but in Euro, the date format usually is dd/mm/yyyy. If you are working in an international coordinate company, you may suffer with the problem that convert Euro date format to US date format. In this article, I will tell you the methods on quickly converting Euro date to US date format.
|In some times, you can have multiple nonstandard dates in your worksheet, and to convert all of them to the standard date mm/dd/yyyy maybe troublesome for you. Here Kutools for Excel's Conver to Date can quickly convert dates to standard date as mm/dd/yyyy format.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here is a formula can convert Euro date format to US date format.
Select a cell which you will place the US date, for instance, C10, enter this formula =DATE(VALUE(RIGHT(A2,4)), VALUE(MID(A2,4,2)), VALUE(LEFT(A2,2))), drag fill handle down to the cells needed to apply this formula. See screenshot:
Note: This formula can only convert Euro dates which are stored as text string to US dates.
|Kutools for Excel's Auto Text, collect all formulas to a group as auto text, you can insert them anytime as you want whithout remembering! Free Download Now!|
If you usually import Excel sheets from other users or other locations, which maybe includes multiple non-standard date formats, how can you quickly convert these dates to the standard date format when you work in Excel?
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy and powerful tool, its Convert to Date utility can help you to quickly convert nonstandard dates to standard date includes converting Euro date to standard date.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the dates you want to convert, and click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshot:
2. And then the Convert to Date dialog pops out to automatically convert the dates to standard dates. See screenshot:
Apply Date formatting (change date to multiple date formatting as you need)