How to calculate monthly mortgage payment in Excel?
For most of modern people, to calculate monthly mortgage payment has become a common job. In this article, I introduce the trick to calculating monthly mortgage payment in Excel for you.
To calculate monthly mortgage payment, you need to list some information and data as below screenshot shown:
Then in the cell next to Payment per month ($), B5 for instance, enter this formula =PMT(B2/B4,B5,B1,0), press Enter key, the monthly mortgage payments has been displayed. See screenshot:
1. In the formula, B2 is the annual interest rate, B4 is the number of payments per year, B5 is the total payments months, B1 is the loan amount, and you can change them as you need.
2. If you want to calculate the total loancost, you can use this formula =B6*B5, B6 is the payment per month, B5 is the total number of payments months, you can change as you need. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!