How to change border color of active cell in Excel?
Change border color of active cell with VBA
Outstanding active cell with Kutools for Excel
Reading Layout（cross highlight a cell )
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To change the filled color of active cell is a good choice to make it outstanding, but there is no built-in function to help you except macro code.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Double click at the sheet you want to use the code in the Project Explore pane, and paste below code to the Module script.
VBA: Change background color of active cell
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'UpdatebyExtendOffice20160726 Cells.Borders.ColorIndex = xlNone Target.Borders.Color = vbRed End Sub
3. Save the code, and now when you select a range, the range’s border color will be change to red. See screenshot:
Tip: it will remove all border format of the sheet if you apply this macro code.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can enable its Reading Layout to across highlight the active cell for sticking out.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Kutools > Reading Layout, and then when you select a cell or a range, it will across highlight the cell. See screenshot:
Tip: You can change the settings of the Reading Layout by clicking Kutools > Reading Layout > Reading Layout Settings, and in the popping dialog, specify the options as you need. See screenshots: