How to bold part text when concatenate two columns in Excel?
In Excel worksheet, after concatenating two cell values with formulas, you may find it will not bold part of the text in the combined formula cell. This may be annoying in sometimes, how could you bold part text when concatenating two columns in Excel?
For example, I have two columns data, now, I want to combine these two columns into one column and format first value bold as following screenshot shown:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Bold part text when concatenating two columns:
Sub JoinCellsWithBoldFormatForFirstWord() 'Updateby Extendoffice 20160725 Dim xRg As Range Dim xTxt As String Dim xCell As Range Dim I As Long On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If LInput: Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the data range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If xRg.Areas.Count > 1 Then MsgBox "does not support multiple selections", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" GoTo LInput End If If xRg.Columns.Count <> 2 Then MsgBox "only two columns in the selection", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" GoTo LInput End If Set xRg = xRg.Resize(xRg.Rows, 3) On Error Resume Next For Each xCell In xRg.Columns(3).Cells xCell = xRg.Cells(xCell.Row, 1) & " " & xRg.Cells(xCell.Row, 2) xCell.Font.Bold = False xCell.Characters(1, Len(xRg.Cells(xCell.Row, 1))).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you selecting the data range that you want to combine and bold, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button, and all the two words in the rows have been combined together into the cells beside the data range and the first word is bolded as well, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!