How to compare Excel sheets side by side?
If there are two or more sheets across workbooks needed to compare with each other, it may be annoying for you to switch them one by one for comparing. Here I introduce the tricks on comparing sheets side by side horizontally or vertically as below screenshot shown.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can compare multiple sheets across different workbooks with the Arrange All function.
1. Open all workbooks you want to compare, and activate one of them, and click View > Arrange All. See screenshot:
2. Then the Arrange Windows dialog pops out, you can check one option in the Arrange section as you need.
2. Click OK, and the workbooks windows will be arranged side by side.
Tiled: arrange and resize all opened workbooks so that all of them can be fitted side by side on the screen. See screenshot:
Horizontal: resize the workbooks windows equally and arrange them one above one horizontally. See screenshot:
Vertical: resize workbooks in same size and arrange them left to right. See screenshot:
Cascade: arrange and size workbooks overlap one and another with each title bar shown only. See screenshot:
If you just want to compare two data lists in different sheets in the one workbook for finding the different or same values, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Select Same & Different Cells utility to quickly compare two lists by cells or rows as below screenshot shown.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the first one list you want to compare to, and click Kutools > Select > Select Same & Different Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Select Same & Different Cells dialog, click in According to: (Range B) to select the second list you want to compare with the first list. See screenshot:
3. Then you can check My data has headers option to exclude headers when comparing if there are same headers in the two lists, and select one option in the Based on and Find section as you need, if you want to highlight the selected same values or different values, you can check Fill background or Fill font color option in Processing of result section. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to remind you the number of same values or different values in the two lists. See screenshot:
5. Click OK to close the popping remind dialog.