How to calculate frequency distribution in Excel?
A frequency distribution is a summary of counting how often values occur within a range of values, take the following screenshot for example, column B contains the score numbers, D2:E6 is the score bands you specified by yourself, and the Frequency column get the value occurs based on the bands. This article, I will talk about how to calculate the frequency distribution based on specific bands you defined.
In fact, there is a built-in Frequency function in Excel which can help you to calculate how often values occur within a range of values you specified please do as follows:
1. After specifying the score bands, then select the cells beside your bands where you want to put the result of frequency distribution, see screenshot:
2. And then enter this formula: =FREQUENCY($B$2:$B$16,$E$2:$E$6) (B2:B16 is the list values that you want to use, E2:E6 is the bands you specified ) into the formula bar, see screenshot:
3. Then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together, and all the frequency distributions for each band are calculated at once, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)