How to set date to first of month in Excel?
If you have a list of random dates, how could you convert them to the first day of these given month as following screenshot shown? This article, I will introduce some simple formulas to solve this task in Excel.
Here are some handy formulas can help you to convert a random date to the first day of the month, please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =EOMONTH(A2,-1)+1 into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to apply this formula, and all dates have been converted to the first day of month, see screenshot:
1. Here is another formula also can help you: =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),1).
2. In above formulas, A2 is the date cell that you want to convert.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!