How to count max or min occurrences in Excel?
For instance, you have a list of values which includes some duplicates, now you want to count the number of maximum or minimum occurrences in this list as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly solve it in Excel?
Select Cells with Max & Min Value function can quickly select the largest or smallest data from a range, each column or each row.
2) Specify to find out min value or max value in Go to section;
3) If you want to find max value based on each column, check Entire column in Base section;
4) To find out all max values, check All cells in Select section, if you just need to find the first appearing max value, check First cell only.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To count max or min occurrences in a list, you can apply below formulas:
Select a blank cell, enter this formula =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$13,MAX($A$1:$A$13)) and press Enter key to calculate the number of minimum occurrences in the list.
1. If you want to count the number of max occurrences, using this formula =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$13,MIN($A$1:$A$13)).
2. In above formulas, A1:A13 is the list range you want to count from, you can change it as you need.
3. This formula only can count numeric strings.