How to list all days as date in a specified month in Excel?
In many cases, you may list all days in a specified month with the Fill Series function in Excel. But it is no easy to count the number of cells which exactly equal to the number of days in a month. This article will show you an easy way to exactly list all days as date in a specified month in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following formula will help you to exactly list all days as date in a specified month in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Enter the first date in a specified month in a blank cell. Here I enter date 2016/7/1 into cell A2.
2. Then select the cell below the first date cell. In this case, I select cell A3. Then enter formula =IF(A2="","",IF(MONTH(A2+1)<>MONTH(A2),"",A2+1)) into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key.
3. Now you need to change the result cell to date format with clicking Home > Number Format box > Short Date. See screenshot.
4. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle down to list all days as date of this specified month.
You can see only days in the specific month are listed even the selected cells are more than the number of days in that month, you won’t get the extra dates of the next month.