- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello, satwik. The Merge Table function is released in KTE 17.00 and later version, you can free download one of them to have a try.
How to merge two tables by matching a column in Excel?
Supposing you have two tables in two different sheets, one is main table, and the other is new data table. Now you want to merge these two tables by a matching column and update the data as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly solve it in Excel? In this article, I will introduce the tricks on combining two tables by a column quickly.
To merge two tables by a column matching, you can apply VLOOUP function.
1. Select a blank cell next to the main table you, C2 for instance. See screenshot:
2. Enter this formula =IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$6,COLUMN(A1),FALSE),"") into it, then drag the autofill handle right until blank cell appears, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells needed this formula. See screenshot:
3. You can add the new column headers to the merged table. See screenshot:
The LOOKUP function will be little troublesome for you, but fortunately, there is a helpful function Tables Merge in Kutools for Excel which can quickly add and update new items in the main table based on another table.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
1. Select the main table you want to use to update and merge with another, click Kutools Plus > Tables Merge.
2. Then in the Tables Merge wizard dialog, select the lookup table in Select the lookup table textbox, check the options if the tables have headers.
3. Click Next, in step 2 of the wizard, check the key column you want to merge based on.
4. Click Next, in step 3 of wizard, check the column(s) you want to update the data.
5. Click Next to next step, check the new column(s) you want to add to the main data.
6. Click Next, in the last step, you need to set some options for the new items, such as highlighted the updated ones with background color.
7. Click Finish. The main table has been updated and added with new items.
If you want to merge multiple tables across sheets or workbooks by column headers into a single sheet as below screenshot shown, you can apply the powerful Combine function of Kutools for Excel to quickly solve it.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Enable Excel and click Kutools Plus > Combine, and in the popping dialog, check Combine multiple worksheets from workbooks into one worksheet. See screenshot:
2. Then click Next to go to Step 2 of 3 dialog, and add the workbooks by clicking Add button, then select the sheet names you want to merge from Worksheet list section. See screenshot:
3. Click Next to go to Step 3 of 3 dialog. In the last step of the dialog, specify the title row number into it, here is one, also you can specify other setting options as you need. See screenshot:
4. Click Finish, a dialog pops out for choosing a folder to place the merged new workbook. And click Save to go to first one Kutools for Excel dialog which remind you whether open the combined workbook, click Yes to open it or no, and then the second Kutools for Excel dialog pops out for reminding you to save this combine scenario, click any options as you need.
Now the sheets have been merged into one single sheet based on column headers.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothere is no option for table merge in kutools plus as i can see , ihave downloaded it just now yet there isnt any option like that, Lame explanation
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothese directions are terrible. I am an engineer, and I have no DAMN clue how to use this tool. You leep and skip steps and explanations. Awful ability to train.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSorry the tutorial is too complex for you to understand. For more detail on Tables Merge, you can visit this site: https://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel/excel-merge-tables-by-column.html
Hope it can help you.