How to check if a cell value match to a list in Excel?
This article is talking about checking if a cell value match to or exist in a list in Excel. Please do as follows.
You can use the following formula to check if a certain cell value match to a list or not in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C2,A2:A7,0)),1,0) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, C2 contains the given value you will check based on, and A2:A7 is the list range. You can change them as you need.
If there is matched value in the list based on the given value, you can see a number 1 populated in the selected cell, if not, a number 0 is displayed.
Besides, the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you checking if a cell value match to a list in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the list you need to check certain value inside, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, and choose Equals from the Specific type drop-down list, enter the certain value into the next text box, and click the OK button.
If there has matched value in the specified list, you will get a dialog box as follows. Please click the OK button to close it.
If there has no matched value in the specified list, you will get the prompt box as below screenshot shown.
- How to count cells match to either X or Y in Excel?
- How to find matched value by searching upwards in Excel?
- How to match dates by month and year only in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!