How to check if a cell value match to a list in Excel?
This article is talking about checking if a cell value match to or exist in a list in Excel. Please do as follows.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can use the following formula to check if a certain cell value match to a list or not in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C2,A2:A7,0)),1,0) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, C2 contains the given value you will check based on, and A2:A7 is the list range. You can change them as you need.
If there is matched value in the list based on the given value, you can see a number 1 populated in the selected cell, if not, a number 0 is displayed.
Besides, the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you checking if a cell value match to a list in Excel.
1. Select the list you need to check certain value inside, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, and choose Equals from the Specific type drop-down list, enter the certain value into the next text box, and click the OK button.
If there has matched value in the specified list, you will get a dialog box as follows. Please click the OK button to close it.
If there has no matched value in the specified list, you will get the prompt box as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to count cells match to either X or Y in Excel?
- How to find matched value by searching upwards in Excel?
- How to match dates by month and year only in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?