- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoGood day,
You can use this formula =MATCH(A2,$C$2:$C$12,0) in the Conditional Formatting feature to highlight the same values when found in another column. Thanks for your comment.
How to check if a cell value match to a list in Excel?
This article is talking about checking if a cell value match to or exist in a list in Excel. Please do as follows.
You can use the following formula to check if a certain cell value match to a list or not in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C2,A2:A7,0)),1,0) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, C2 contains the given value you will check based on, and A2:A7 is the list range. You can change them as you need.
If there is matched value in the list based on the given value, you can see a number 1 populated in the selected cell, if not, a number 0 is displayed.
Besides, the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you checking if a cell value match to a list in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the list you need to check certain value inside, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, and choose Equals from the Specific type drop-down list, enter the certain value into the next text box, and click the OK button.
If there has matched value in the specified list, you will get a dialog box as follows. Please click the OK button to close it.
If there has no matched value in the specified list, you will get the prompt box as below screenshot shown.
- How to count cells match to either X or Y in Excel?
- How to find matched value by searching upwards in Excel?
- How to match dates by month and year only in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI want to do this but to check not for a single value but for a list of values, I want to check if a list of values(short) is contained in another list of values (large), there can be repeated values in the large list...