- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoGood day,
You can use this formula =MATCH(A2,$C$2:$C$12,0) in the Conditional Formatting feature to highlight the same values when found in another column. Thanks for your comment.
How to check if a cell value match to a list in Excel?
This article is talking about checking if a cell value match to or exist in a list in Excel. Please do as follows.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use the following formula to check if a certain cell value match to a list or not in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell, enter formula =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C2,A2:A7,0)),1,0) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, C2 contains the given value you will check based on, and A2:A7 is the list range. You can change them as you need.
If there is matched value in the list based on the given value, you can see a number 1 populated in the selected cell, if not, a number 0 is displayed.
Besides, the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you checking if a cell value match to a list in Excel.
1. Select the list you need to check certain value inside, then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Cell option in the Selection type section, and choose Equals from the Specific type drop-down list, enter the certain value into the next text box, and click the OK button.
If there has matched value in the specified list, you will get a dialog box as follows. Please click the OK button to close it.
If there has no matched value in the specified list, you will get the prompt box as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to count cells match to either X or Y in Excel?
- How to find matched value by searching upwards in Excel?
- How to match dates by month and year only in Excel?
- How to sort a column to match the value in another column in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI want to do this but to check not for a single value but for a list of values, I want to check if a list of values(short) is contained in another list of values (large), there can be repeated values in the large list...