How to check if time is greater than or less than a specific time in Excel?
How could you check if the time which in a list of time cells is greater than or less than a specific time in Excel? In this article, I will talk about some useful formulas to deal with this problem, please do with the following steps:
For example, here, I will check the time based on 3:30PM, if the time is greater than 3:30PM, a text “Yes” is displayed, if less than 3:30PM, a text “No” is appeared as following screenshot shown. In Excel, the following formulas may help you, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =IF(A2="","",IF(A2>(--"3:30 PM"),"Yes","No")) into a blank cell where you want to locate the result, B2, for instance, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula. Now, if the time is greater than the specific time 3:30PM, a “Yes” is displayed, otherwise, a “No” is displayed, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, A2 is the cell that you want to check, and the 3:30PM is the specific time that you want to check based on, you can change them to your need;
2. Expecting the above formula, here is another formula also can help you:
=IF(A2<TIME(15,30,0),"Prior",IF(A2>=TIME(15,30,0),"After","0")), (15, 30, 0 indicate the number of hour, minute and second that you want to check based on, you can modify them to your need ), after applying this formula, if your time is greater than 15:30:00, it will displayed “After”, if the time is less than 15:30:00, the cell is displayed “Prior”. See screenshot:
Quickly insert random time in a range of cells:
With Kutools for Excel's Insert Random Data feature, you can quickly insert random numbers, date, times and text strings as you need.
Note: More than 300 functions can make your job efficiently,you can download Kutools for Excel for free trial.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!