How to calculate percentage change or difference between two numbers in Excel?
This article is talking about calculating percentage change or difference between two numbers in Excel.
As below screenshot shown, you need to calculate the percentage change between new number 94 and old number 80. The formula =(new_value-old_value)/old_value can help you quickly calculate the percentage change between two numbers. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the calculated percentage change, then enter formula =(A3-A2)/A2 into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then click the Percent Style button in the Number group under Home tab to format the cell as percentage. See screenshot:
Now the percentage difference between two given numbers is calculated.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!