How to reorder position of columns in table in Excel?
In many cases, you need to reorder the position of columns in a table in order to make this table more clearly while reading. This article will show you methods of reordering position of columns in a table in details.
Supposing you need to move the date column before the Name column in the table.
Let's see how to acheive it:
Easily swap two columns at once in a table:
You can reorder the position by cutting the selected column and then pasting it into your needed position in a table. Please do as follows.
1. Select and right click the column range you need to reorder its position, and then click the Cut option from the right clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Select the column you want the cutting column to be placed before it, then right click and select Insert Cut Cells from the right clicking menu. See screenshot:
Then the selected column range is reordered in the table.
Here recommend the Column List pane of Kutools for Excel, with this pane, you can quickly reorder columns with clicks only.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools > Navigation.
2. Then the Kutools Navigation pane is displayed on the left side of Excel, you need to:
Then the position of two selected columns are exchanged immediately in table.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)