How to remove duplicates but leaving lowest value in another column in Excel?
For instance, there are two columns, A and B, column A includes some duplicate values, and column B contains some numbers, have you any way to remove duplicates from column A but leaving the lowest values in column B as below screenshot shown? This article will give you a favor.
Remove duplicate but keep lowest/highest value with Remove Duplicates and formula
To remove duplicate but keep lowest value, you can apply Remove Duplicates function and a formula.
1. Select and copy column A which contains the duplicate values, and paste them to another place. See screenshot:
2. Then select the values in the pasted list, and click Data > Remove Duplicates, and check Continue with the current selection option from the popped out dialog. Click Remove Duplicates, then in the Remove Duplicates dialog, check the column you want to remove duplicates from. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK, and a dialog pops out to remind you how many duplicates have been removed, click OK to close it.
4. Select a cell next to the list you have removed the duplicates from, enter this formula =MIN(IF($A$2:$A$12=D2,$B$2:$B$12)), press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys, and drag fill handle down to the cell you need. See screenshot:
Now all duplicates have been removed but the lowest values leaved in another column based on the duplicates.
1. If you want to remove all duplicates but leave the highest ones, you can apply this formula =MAX(IF($A$2:$A$12=D2,$B$2:$B$12)), remember to press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys.
2. In the above formulas, A2:A12 is the original list you need to remove duplicates from.
Remove duplicate but keep lowest/highest value with Kutools for Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can quickly remove duplicates but only keep the lowest or highest value with its Advanced Combine Rows function.
1. Before applying Kutools, you had better to have a copy of the original data. Then select the range cells you want to remove duplicates, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Advanced Combine Rows. See screenshot:
2. In the Advanced Combine Rows dialog, select the column you want to remove duplicates from, and then click Primary Key to set it as primary key column, and then select the column you want to leave the lowest or highest values in, and click Calculate to select Min or Max as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, then the duplicate values have been deleted but keep the lowest one.
Tip.with Kutools for Excel’s Advanced Combine Rows, you also can remove duplicate values and then sum numbers in another column as below screenshot shown.If you want to have a free trial of the Extract Text function, please go to free download Kutools for Excel first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Remove Duplicates But Keep Lowest Value in Another Column
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.