How to create a dynamic monthly calendar in Excel?
You may need to create a dynamic monthly calendar in Excel in some purpose. When changing the month, all dates in the calendar will be adjusted automatically based on the changed month. This article will show you method to create a dynamic monthly calendar in Excel in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please do as follows to create a dynamic monthly calendar in Excel.
1. You need to create a Form Controls Combo Box in advance. Click Developer > Insert > Combo Box (Form Control). See screenshot:
2. Then draw a Combo Box in cell A1.
3. Create a list with all month names. As below screenshot shown, here I create this month name list in range AH1:AH12.
4. Right click the Combo Box, and click Format Control from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Format Control dialog box, and under the Control tab, select the range contains the month names you have created in step 3 in the Input range box, and in the Cell link box, select A1, then change the number in the Drop down line box to 12, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Select a blank cell for displaying the start date of month (here I select cell B6), then enter formula =DATE(A2,A1,1) into the formula bar, and press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 is the cell contains the certain year, and A1 is the Combo Box contains all months of a year. When selecting March from the Combo Box and entering 2016 in cell A2, the date in cell B6 will turn into 2016/3/1. See above screenshot:
7. Select the right cell of B6, enter formula =B6+1 into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key. Now you get the second date of a month. See screenshot:
8. Keep selecting cell C6, then drag the Fill Handle to the right cell until it reaches the end of the month. Now the whole monthly calendar is created.
9. Then you can format the date to your need. Select all listed date cells, then click Home > Orientation > Rotate Text Up. See screenshot:
10. Select the whole columns containing all date cells, right click the column header and click Column Width. In the popping up Column Width dialog box, enter number 3 into the box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
11. Select all date cells, press Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously to open the Format Cells dialog box. In this dialog box, click Custom in the Category box, enter ddd dd into the Type box, and then click the OK button.
Now all dates are changed to the specified date format as below screenshot shown.
You can customize the calendar to any style as you need. After changing the month or year in corresponding cell, dates of the monthly calendar will dynamically adjust to the specified month or year.
- How to insert image or picture dynamically in cell based on cell value in Excel?
- How to create dynamic hyperlink to another sheet in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoI did it but I didn't get it this solution why so lengthy. Normally I enter the First date then I drag the date down its gives me full moth calendar automatically. I didn't understand why this so complicated.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothe dates and days are changing but the data in the coloumns is static, its not changing when we change the month? please help
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have the same problem!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi,
Can you tell me your Excel version?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoAny answer about this comment? I really need that to my work
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoHas anyone found a solution to this
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs is possible to adjust formulas so they do not create extra days for February and and if month have 30 days?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agothanks this is very helpful for me. again thanks