How to convert yyyymmddhhmmss date format to normal datetime in Excel?
Maybe you have a worksheet which contains some date time format as this: yyyymmddhhmmss, but now, you want to convert it to the normal date time format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this task in Excel?
The following formulas may help you to convert the yyyymmddhhmmss date time format to the normal date time format as you need. Please do as this:
Enter this formula:
=TEXT(DATE(LEFT(A2,4),MID(A2,5,2),MID(A2,7,2))+TIME(MID(A2,9,2),MID(A2,11,2),MID(A2,13,2)),"dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss") into a blank cell where you want to locate the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to contain this formula, and all the date time has been converted to the normal date time as usual, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, A2 is the cell that you want to convert.
2. Except the above formula, here is another simple formula also can help you, please enter this formula: =--TEXT(A2,"0000\-00\-00\ 00\:00\:00") into a blank cell to get the following results:
Then format the values as DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS date time format as you need in to the Format Cells dialog box to get the normal date time format.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!