How to convert yyyymmddhhmmss date format to normal datetime in Excel?
Maybe you have a worksheet which contains some date time format as this: yyyymmddhhmmss, but now, you want to convert it to the normal date time format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this task in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following formulas may help you to convert the yyyymmddhhmmss date time format to the normal date time format as you need. Please do as this:
Enter this formula:
=TEXT(DATE(LEFT(A2,4),MID(A2,5,2),MID(A2,7,2))+TIME(MID(A2,9,2),MID(A2,11,2),MID(A2,13,2)),"dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss") into a blank cell where you want to locate the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to contain this formula, and all the date time has been converted to the normal date time as usual, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, A2 is the cell that you want to convert.
2. Except the above formula, here is another simple formula also can help you, please enter this formula: =--TEXT(A2,"0000\-00\-00\ 00\:00\:00") into a blank cell to get the following results:
Then format the values as DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS date time format as you need in to the Format Cells dialog box to get the normal date time format.