How to vlookup and return multiple values from drop down list?
In Excel, how could you vlookup and return multiple corresponding values from a drop down list, which means when you choose one item from the drop down list, all of its relative values are displayed at once as following screenshot shown. This article, I will introduce the solution step by step.
The source data has some duplicate values, you should extract the unique values first, and then create a drop down list, please do with following steps:
1. Extract the unique values from the source data, the Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplicate & Unique Cells function may help you, please select the data list that you want to create drop down list based on, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells, see screenshot: Click Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select All unique (Including 1 st duplicates) under the Rule section, then click Ok button, see screenshot:
3. And all unique values are selected, then copy and paste them into a new location, see screenshot:
4. And then you can create the drop down list based on these unique values, click cell (E1, for this example) where you want to insert the drop down list, then click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation, see screenshot:
5. In the Data Validation dialog box, under the Settings tab, choose List form the Allow drop down, and then select the unique data list to create the drop down based on from the Source text box. See screenshot:
6. After creating the drop down list, please enter the following formula into a blank cell beside your drop down list cell, =IFERROR(INDEX($B$2:$B$16, SMALL(IF($E$1=$A$2:$A$16, MATCH(ROW($A$2:$A$16), ROW($A$2:$A$16)), ""), ROW(A1))), ""), and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys together, then drag the fill handle down to the cells to display the multiple corresponding values, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula: B2:B16 is the data list that you want to return the relative values from, E1 is the drop down list cell you have created, A2:A16 is the source data to create the drop down list based on.
7. From now on, when you choose one item from the drop down list, all of the relative values are displayed beside immediately, see screenshot: