How to exclude cells in a column from sum in Excel?
As the below screenshot shown, while summing values in column A, you need to exclude values in cell A3 and A4 from the calculation. This article will display method of excluding certain cells in a column from sum in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following formulas will help you easily sum values in a range excluding certain cells in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for saving the summing result, then enter formula =SUM(A2:A7)-SUM(A3:A4) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
1. In the formula, A2:A7 is the column range you need to sum. And A3:A4 is the continuous cells you will exclude from the summing.
2. If cells you need to exclude from the summing locating in discontinuous cells, for example, you need to exclude values in cell A3 and A6 while summing range A2:A7, please apply this formula: =SUM(A2:A7)-A3-A6. See screenshot:
- How to exclude certain cell or area from printing in Excel?
- How to exclude values in one list from another in Excel?
- How to find minimum value in a range excluding zero value in Excel?