How to get same or first day of next month based on given date in Excel?
This article is talking about getting same day or first day of next month based on given date in Excel. Please do as follows.
The following formula can help you to get same day of next month based on given date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the result, then enter formula =EDATE(A2,1) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Note: in the formula, A2 is the date cell you need to get same day of next month based on.
2. Keep selecting the result cell, then drag the Fill Handle down until all results populating.
3. Now you need to custom the result cells as date format. Keep selecting all the results, click the Number Format box, and then click Short Date from the drop-down list under the Home tab.
Note: For some special date such as 2016/10/31, you will get the result as “2016/11/30” with above formula. Actually, date 2016/10/31 does not exist in October. If you really want to get the same date of next month based on date 2016/10/31, please use this formula =IF(DAY(EDATE(A2,1))<DAY(A2),NA(),EDATE(A2,1)) to get it down as below screenshot shown.
And you will get a #N/A error if the date does not exist in that month.
For getting the first day of next month based on given date in Excel, the following formula can help you.
Select a blank cell, enter formula =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,1) into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key. Then use the Fill Handle to get the rest dates. See screenshot.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)