How to show only duplicate rows in Excel column?
In some cases, if there are some duplicate values and unique values in a column, you just want to hide the unique values and show only the duplicates as below screenshot shown. Is there any quick way to show only duplicates except hiding unique values one by one? In this article, I think you can find the tricks.
You can use the Conditional Formatting function to mark a color for the duplicate values, then filter out the color.
1. Select the values you want to show only duplicates, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Duplicate Values. Then in the Duplicate Values dialog, select Duplicate from left drop down list, choose the format you want from right drop down list, and click OK. See screenshot:
Then the duplicates have been colored.
2. Click at the column header Name, and click Data > Filter to enable the Filter function. See screenshot:
3. Then click the Filter icon, and in the drop-down list, choose Filter by Color, and select the color you have formatted for the duplicates in step 1 from the sub list. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now only the duplicates have been filtered out.
Moreover, you can use a formula to mark the duplicates first, then apply the Filter function to filter duplicate values only.
1. Select a blank cell next to the data range, B2 for instance, enter this formula =COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$12,$A2)>1, then drag fill handle down to the cells you need. The cell displays TURE means the relative cell is duplicate, FALSE means the unique value. See screenshot:
2. Click at the cell B1, the cell above the formulas, and click Data > Filter to apply Filter function. See screenshot:
3. Then click the Filter icon in the Cell B1, and check TRUE from the drop down list. Click OK, then only the duplicates shown. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula, A2:A12 is the data range you use, you can change it as you need.
If you want to hide unique values and only show the duplicate rows, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility to select the unique rows, and then hide the unique rows and only leave the duplicate rows shown.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data range and click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog, check Unique values only and Select entire rows options, click Ok, a dialog pops out to remind you the number of selected rows. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, now the unique rows have been selected, right click at one row header of the selected unique rows, select Hide from the context menu. See screenshot:
Now all unique rows have been hidden, and only duplicate rows have been shown.