How to sort values ignore zeros in Excel?
If there is a list of values including zero values, in general, when you sort the values ascendingly, the zero values will be sorted as the first one, but in some cases, you just want to sort the numbers ignoring the zeros which means to sort the zeros at the bottom as below screenshot shown. In this article, I introduce a trick to handle this job.
To sort values ignore zeros, you need to create a helper column and apply a formula.
1. Select a blank cell next to the data, B2 for example, and enter this formula, =IF(A2=0,"",A2), drag fill handle down to apply this formula to the cells you need. Then if the relative cell contains zero, the formula cell will return a blank cell. See screenshot:
2. Then keep the formula cells selected, click Data > Sort Smallest to Largest, in the popped Sort Warning dialog, check Expand the selection option. See screenshot:
3. Click Sort, and the values are sorted from smallest to largest ignoring zeros. You can remove the helper column after sorting.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!