How to find max or min value in a certain date range (between two dates) in Excel?
Supposing you have a table as below screenshot shown, and you need to find the max or min value between two dates from 2016/7/1 to 2016/12/1, how to achieve it? Formulas in this article can help you to get it done.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The below array formulas can help you to find max or min value between two dates in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to locate the max or min value.
Finding max value between date 2016/7/1 and 2016/12/1:
2. Enter formula =MAX(IF((A5:A17<=$D$1)*(A5:A17>=$B$1),B5:B17,"")) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to get the result. See screenshot:
Finding min value between date 2016/7/1 and 2016/12/1:
2. Enter formula =MIN(IF((A5:A17<=$D$1)*(A5:A17>=$B$1), B5:B17, "")) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to get the result. See screenshot:
Note: In the above two array formulas, A5:A17 is the date list which the certain date range exists in; $D$1 and $B$1 are the ending date and beginning date you will find max or min value based on; and B5:B17 is the value range contains the max and min values you will find. Please change them as you need in the array formula.
- How to find position of first/last number in a text string in Excel?
- How to find first or last Friday of every month in Excel?
- How to vlookup find the first, 2nd or nth match value in Excel?
- How to find value with highest frequency in a range in Excel?
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoIn more recent versions of office ( From 2016 onwards ) you now have MinIfs, MaxIfs and AverageIfs functions - so using array functions is no longer necessary.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks for this, I'd never have worked it out otherwise.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoRe: Find Max Or Min Value In A Certain Date Range (Between Two Dates).
It took some fiddling with the format of the date cells and the date range and value range must match as in the example. Other than that it worked perfectly. I've been trying to do this for a long time.