How to find max or min value in a certain date range (between two dates) in Excel?
Supposing you have a table as below screenshot shown, and you need to find the max or min value between two dates from 2016/7/1 to 2016/12/1, how to achieve it? Formulas in this article can help you to get it done.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The below array formulas can help you to find max or min value between two dates in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to locate the max or min value.
Finding max value between date 2016/7/1 and 2016/12/1:
2. Enter formula =MAX(IF((A5:A17<=$D$1)*(A5:A17>=$B$1),B5:B17,"")) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to get the result. See screenshot:
Finding min value between date 2016/7/1 and 2016/12/1:
2. Enter formula =MIN(IF((A5:A17<=$D$1)*(A5:A17>=$B$1), B5:B17, "")) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to get the result. See screenshot:
Note: In the above two array formulas, A5:A17 is the date list which the certain date range exists in; $D$1 and $B$1 are the ending date and beginning date you will find max or min value based on; and B5:B17 is the value range contains the max and min values you will find. Please change them as you need in the array formula.
- How to find position of first/last number in a text string in Excel?
- How to find first or last Friday of every month in Excel?
- How to vlookup find the first, 2nd or nth match value in Excel?
- How to find value with highest frequency in a range in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoHello, I would like to do this but instead I need to find the first and last values between two dates. I have a list of dates on one column and a list of dollar amounts on another column. The dates are in order but the dollar values are random and both are in the middle of a table that can't be sorted. I have two cells where I specify the start and end date and want to find first and last dollar amounts within those two dates not the largest and smallest. Are there formulas that can return the first and last values between just the two dates I put on the cells where the range is specified?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agohello, I need to find the same but between Two Numbers. Is it possible? THank You!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIn more recent versions of office ( From 2016 onwards ) you now have MinIfs, MaxIfs and AverageIfs functions - so using array functions is no longer necessary.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks for this, I'd never have worked it out otherwise.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoRe: Find Max Or Min Value In A Certain Date Range (Between Two Dates).
It took some fiddling with the format of the date cells and the date range and value range must match as in the example. Other than that it worked perfectly. I've been trying to do this for a long time.