How to find max or min value in a certain date range (between two dates) in Excel?
Supposing you have a table as below screenshot shown, and you need to find the max or min value between two dates from 2016/7/1 to 2016/12/1, how to achieve it? Formulas in this article can help you to get it done.
The below array formulas can help you to find max or min value between two dates in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell to locate the max or min value.
Finding max value between date 2016/7/1 and 2016/12/1:
2. Enter the below formula into it, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to get the result.
Finding min value between date 2016/7/1 and 2016/12/1:
2. Copy or enter the below formula into it, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to get the result.
Note: In the above two array formulas, A5:A17 is the date list which the certain date range exists in; $D$1 and $B$1 are the ending date and beginning date you will find max or min value based on; and B5:B17 is the value range contains the max and min values you will find. Please change them as you need in the array formula.
- How to find position of first/last number in a text string in Excel?
- How to find first or last Friday of every month in Excel?
- How to vlookup find the first, 2nd or nth match value in Excel?
- How to find value with highest frequency in a range in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoHello, I would like to do this but instead I need to find the first and last values between two dates. I have a list of dates on one column and a list of dollar amounts on another column. The dates are in order but the dollar values are random and both are in the middle of a table that can't be sorted. I have two cells where I specify the start and end date and want to find first and last dollar amounts within those two dates not the largest and smallest. Are there formulas that can return the first and last values between just the two dates I put on the cells where the range is specified?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agohello, I need to find the same but between Two Numbers. Is it possible? THank You!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIn more recent versions of office ( From 2016 onwards ) you now have MinIfs, MaxIfs and AverageIfs functions - so using array functions is no longer necessary.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks for this, I'd never have worked it out otherwise.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoRe: Find Max Or Min Value In A Certain Date Range (Between Two Dates).
It took some fiddling with the format of the date cells and the date range and value range must match as in the example. Other than that it worked perfectly. I've been trying to do this for a long time.