To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoDid you find a way to make this work?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoHi,
What do you mean of "to select the dropdown to select all projects"?
Would be nice if you could provide screenshot of what you are trying to do.
Thanks for your comment.
How to sum values based on selection of drop-down list in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, you have a table contains a Category column and an Amount column, and you have created a data validation drop-down list which contains all the categories. When selecting any kind of category from the drop-down list, you want to sum up all corresponding cell values in Column B and populate the result in a specified cell. For example, when selecting category CC from the drop-down list, you need to sum values in cell B5 and B8 and get the total number 40+70=110. How to achieve it? Method in this article can help you.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can apply the following formulas to sum values based on selection of drop-down list in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell for populating the summing result, then enter formula =SUMIF(A2:A8,D2,B2:B8) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key to get the result. See screenshot:
1. You can also use this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF($A$2:$A$8,$D$2,$B$2:$B$8)) to sum values based on selection of drop-down list.
2. In the formula, A2:A8 is the category range, D2 is the drop-down list cell, and B2:B8 is the value range you need to sum based on the drop-down list selection. Please change them as you need.
- How to sumif adjacent cell is equal, blank or containing text in Excel?
- How to sum or adding numbers in a single cell in Excel?
- How to sum a column until a condition is met in adjacent column in Excel?
- How to sum or average values if dates in adjacent cells equal to specified month in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am trying to use sumifs with set of conditions. There is a project column with sprint numbers and test cases, etc.. I created a drop down list of the project names above the cell with the formula and referred that in the Sumif condition. Now based on my dropdown selection, the total of test cases created are resulted. This works absolutely fine. Now, if I have to select the dropdown to select all projects, how do I do it. I tried creating a list item as "<>" but that is not working. Any suggestions?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoformula for 2 different categories
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agohow to sum value all selected cell in sum total value ?