- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSorry, which convert tool you mean? The formula can work correctly whatever the column contains alpha, alpha-numeric or numeric string.
How to handle if cell contains a word then put a text in another cell?
Here is a list of product ID, and now I want to find if the cell contains a string “KTE”, and then put the text “TRUE” into its adjacent cell as below screenshot shown. Have you any quick ways to solve it? In this article, I am talking about the tricks on finding if a cell contains a word and then putting a text into the adjacent cell.
Here is a simple formula that can help you to quickly check if a cell contains a word, and then put a text in its next cell.
Select the cell you want to put the text, and type this formula =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("KTE",A2)),"True","") and then drag auto fill handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula. See screenshot:
In the formula, A2 is the cell you want to check if contains a specific word, and KTE is the word you want to check, True is the text you want to display in another cell. You can change these references as you need.
If you want to check if a cell contains a specific word and then select or highlight it, you can apply the Select Specific Cells feature of Kutools for Excel, which can quickly handle this job.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the range you want to check if the cell contains a specific word, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, check Cell option, and select Contains from the first drop down list, then type the word you want to check into the next textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, a dialog pops out to remind you how may cells contains the word you want to find, and click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
4. Then the cells containing the specified word have been selected, if you want to highlight them, go to Home > Fill Color to choose one fill color to outstanding them.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIf column has text, alpha-numeric & numeric values, using the convert tool does not apply the text values to numeric. Makes sense. Though, how could you configure a IF Vlookup to compensate if a cell has text?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHello,
Question. If I need this formula to apply to two different returns. For example, if a cell contains the word "Senior", another cell would return "32" and if the cell contains "Associate" then the other cell would return 16.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHere's the formula. Assume there's a list of titles starting in cell A2:
Senior Vice Presdent
In cell B2 (or whatever cell you wish to populate with the results), write:
You could check for additional values by adding additional nested IF statements.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSorry I cannot figore out the correct formula to solve your problem, you can go to our forum https://www.extendoffice.com/forum.html to place your question, maybe someone can help you.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks for this. Can this code be edited so that instead of placing specific text beside the source text, it can be formatted to place the text in a different cell?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoi know what u mean. i need this function to.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDo you mean to extract the text in different cell while the cell contains the specifict text as below screenshot shown?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSorry, I do not realy understand your question. Could you give me more detail description?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHow would you write the formula is you have text-text-text and you want to pull the final text? AB-GUFJ-CD if you want to pull the CD?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHello, this formula may help you =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A12,"-",REPT(" ",255)),255)), A12 is the text string you use, change it as you need. If it works, please let me know. Thanks.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoLOL ...did you mean True?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoEmbarrrassed...yes, I mean true~~, I have rewrote it, thank u for ur remind.