How to format cell so leading zeros don’t disappear in Excel?
Normally, when entering number with leading zeroes into cell, the leading zeroes will disappear automatically as below screenshot shown. If you want to keep the leading zeroes of the input numbers, methods in this article can help you.
You can keep the leading zeroes of input number by entering an apostrophe mark in advance. Please do as follows.
1. Before entering the number with leading zeroes, please enter an apostrophe mark in the cell. See screenshot:
2. Then you can enter your needed number with leading zeroes into cell. And all leading zeroes are kept as below screenshot shown.
You can also format the cells as text formatting to keep leading zeroes showing in cells. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells you need to keep leading zeroes of input numbers, then click Home > Number Format drop-down icon > Text. See screenshot:
Now the selected cells are formatted as text. And all leading zeroes will be kept before the input numbers. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!