How to remove / delete all or multiple hyperlinks in Excel?
If you are about to remove hundreds of hyperlinks in the worksheet or whole workbook, it will be tedious to do it one by one. This article will introduce ways to remove multiple links in your Excel Workbooks and Sheets.
Remove all hyperlinks from selected range, sheets or whole workbook at once:
With Kutools for Excel's Delete Hyperlinks function, you can remove all the hyperlinks from a selected range, sheets or the whole workbook as you need.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
If the hyperlinks are in the same worksheet, you can use the Remove Hyperlinks function to remove them.
1. Select the range containing hyperlinks you want to remove.
2. And then right click, on the context menu, click Remove Hyperlinks, see screenshot:
3. And all the selected hyperlinks are deleted at once.
1. This method is not available for Excel 2007.
2. If you have to remove hyperlinks in different worksheets, repeat the operations again.
If you are a skilled and professional user, you can create macros to automatically remove the hyperlinks.
1. Activate the worksheet that you want to remove the hyperlinks from.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Remove all hyperlinks from active worksheet:
Sub RemoveHyperlinks() ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to run this code, and all the hyperlinks are removed from the active worksheet immediately.
Assuming you are about to remove hyperlinks in multiple worksheets, and not all users are able to using Macro, then an available tool Kutools for Excel will help to remove multiple hyperlinks in one click.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, apply Delete Hyperlinks according to following steps:
Click Kutools > Link > Delete Hyperlinks, then select the scope as you need. See screenshot:
Tips: After using the function, there will be a message box popping up to indicate the removing result.
The following example shows how to remove hyperlinks with Kutools for Excel. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoMacro method is very useful and the second one which I always use is copy and paste the data in another sheet it loses the hyperlinks.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoMacro method helped me a lot. Very useful. Thanks!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoIf you make a selection and then Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste in place and it will lose the hyperlinks. Then you can just use the editing menu off the home menu to clear formatting (Alt H E F). This works in Excel 2007 at least. Otherwise you can copy something into notepad and copy it back into excel from notepad to remove any formatting.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoGo to Home and then on the right you have Auto sum, Fill and Clear, Click Clear and then clear Hyperlink (to keep formating)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoWOW the copy & paste in notepad works. Thank You
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoBrilliant ... GENIUS!!!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoGood sir, thank you so much for your comment. Saved me tons of time and repetitive activity. And it's the simplest option for '07 users.