How to transpose and link values in Excel?
In Excel, you can paste a range data as link, and also can paste values in transpose order. But do you know how to transpose the pasted values and link them as well? In this article, you may find the answer.
To transpose and link the pasted values, you need to name the copied values first and then apply a formula.
1. Select the values you want to transpose and link, and go to Name box to give it a name.
2. Then select a range that you want to place the transposed and linked pasted values, and type this formula =TRANSPOSE(SPORT) (SPORT is the range name you have specified in step 1), press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys to get the result.
Now when you change the original data, the pasted data will be change as well.
You also can apply Find and Replace function to transpose and link the values.
1. Select the original values, press Ctrl + C to copy them, and select a cell and right click to select Link from Paste Special sub menu. See screenshot:
2. Then press Ctrl + H to enable the Find and Replace dialog, and in the Find what textbox, enter =, in the Replace with box, type #=. See screenshot:
3. Click Replace All, a dialog pops out to remind you the number of replacements. Click OK > Close to close the dialogs.
4. And then press Ctrl + C to copy the replaced values, and select a cell and right click to select Transpose option in the Paste Special sub menu from the context menu. See screenshot:
5. Press Ctrl + H to enable Find and Replace dialog again, and enter #= and = into Find what and Replace with textbox separately. See screenshot:
6. Click Replace All, and a dialog pops out to remind you the number of replacements, click OK > Close to close the dialogs. Now the values have been paste transposed and linked.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!